Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Cursed Girl-Child

We speak today of equality of the sexes, but that whole hype of males and females being a one-on-one basis just dies a sudden death when it comes to a grass root level. I mean, think of everything the girl-child has to go through, especially in South Asian countries...it is just not fair!
Right now, I know I'm completely biased - judging from the crisis I'm facing at the moment and everything I've rebelled against [or atleast tried] but never succeeded...but I still think somehow society looks down on its females if they try and do anything out of the ordinary, if they go that extra step; let alone a mile...let alone having to deal with that, having to deal with everything else that comes along with the package; especially considering that the package is way too heavy to bear.
Somehow it just doesn't seem fair...I may sound like I'm rambling, and I have a good enough feeling that I am - but it is just that I've been through so much of shit - for the only reason that I'm a girl and because I had to be born into a culture like this...I just don't think it can be justified at all - the ways and means in which they've tried to entrap me within the four walls of me house...when I think back on how much of effort and gritted teeth it took to actually do what I'm doing...and now I'm old enough to make my own decisions - but guess what? I'm not allowed to even do that. SCARY huh? I still have to ask for permission before I do anything, before I go anywhere - - - and most of the time the answer is a big, fat NO!
Well, that's the story of me life!

1 comment:

Aravinda Arthanayake said...

sometimes it all for the best tho we dont realize it..

we only see the oppesite of it..

one day u might see that it was the right choice. ;)